Friday, September 2, 2011

Exam 1

As I mentioned in class today, we'll do the first exam as an oral question session. It will take only 15-20 minutes. The format will be more or less that I pose two problems to you, and you discuss them and work them out on the board in my office. Before the examinations start, I will give a list of topics that are 'fair game' and some example problems. They will not be as hard as the homework problems, certainly, more at the level of example problems in the textbook. You will be allowed to use your textbook for reference.

Each of you will need to schedule a 20 minute block with me next week Wednesday or Friday to make this happen. (If this is totally impossible, I can do a couple on Thursday as well.) Here are my free times on Wed and Fri next week:

Wed 7 Sept: 1pm-6pm
Fri 9 Sept: 12-3pm, 4-6pm

When you get a chance, send me an email with a proposed 20 minute block in those windows and I'll let you know if it is taken already. If you cannot make any times within these blocks, let me know your free times on Wed, Thurs, or Fri and we'll see what we can work out.

More details on the exam itself this weekend ...

No comments:

Post a Comment