Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Friday

Friday, we'll worry about energy & momentum in relativity, and if there is time, work out some reasonably general transformations of the E&B fields between reference frames. Basically, finish reading the first chapter of the ph102 notes, and you'll be ready for that. See here for an overview of much of what I did today with E&B, along with some additional notes on radiation & accelerated charges.

You might also find Lecture 12 here useful. For that matter, the rest of those notes are great too. If there is a model for how I've been trying to plan the course thusfar (if it is not apparent, I am planning things to a degree!), it would be 8.022 at MIT.

We'll make sure to spend some time on the homework problems that are still nagging you by then too ...

Also, Drew inadvertently reminded me about something: every time I make a crack about engineers, you should remind me that my undergrad degree is in Materials Science & Engineering ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment