Monday, October 10, 2011

Exam 2 post-mortem

I will have the exams graded by Wednesday's class. You can find the exam and partial solutions here. I think we'll probably spend a good deal of that class period going over the exam problems and common misconceptions. It was a hard exam, no question, and we are not in a rush to move on, so we can afford to spend a little time thinking about it.

For now, don't freak out. I'm not going to fail any of you based on a quick glance of the exams, and the partial credit will be generous. It is simply much easier for me to gauge your understanding with very hard problems than very easy ones - if you got everything right, I'd have no way of seeing the limits of what you've learned so far. So, focus on learning something from the exam for now, the grades will be better than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment