Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pig Flu / Aporkalypse Now

If, for some reason, you end up missing an exam due to the pig flu, I will weight the final proportionally more.

If you miss something else due to the apparent pig flue epidemic (e.g., homework, quiz, lab), you can either make it up (if done within a short time) or receive a 'bye' on that particular assignment.

I do not become ill while teaching, as it turns out. I did teach with nearly a dozen hour-old stitches in my right hand and a head full of painkillers, but illness is right out. So I'll be there.

Just sayin'. Apparently, this is a Big Deal. Wash your hands, go to the med center, procure notes, etc.

(I am not belittling the public health threat here. I am, in fact, mocking the general response to and hysteria surrounding the public health threat.)

1 comment: